Saturday, February 28, 2015

So far so good: 3 Weeks in St Gallen

It has been 3 weeks since I first arrived in Switzerland (including the week when we jetted off to the Isles).

It had never occurred to me that I should write a post on my first impression of this city (or town, rather, but let's settle for city) of St Gallen. In fact, it was only after jotting down my thoughts on the trip to UK and Ireland that I felt it was only right to give due attention to the first city that I actually explored on this trip (Helsinki and Zurich are merely transits, though I expect to explore Zurich in depth soon).

My first impression of the city (as would be the case for most European cities) was its train station and the post office opposite it.
The staff at the ticketing counter was quite helpful and professional in giving me the directions to the University of St Gallen. Perhaps it would be great if they could just smile, though I am certainly grateful for the service I had received so far. I was especially grateful to an elderly bus driver who lead me across the bus interchange to find the correct bus.

Being a small city, the university was just a 5 minute bus ride from the train station. 
However,
On
And of course a scene at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment