Friday, January 23, 2015

Review: Malaysia Airlines B737-800 Economy Class Singapore to Kuala Lumpur 2014

Given the early morning departure, I had the option of catching the last MRT to the airport the night before and camp there for about 5 hours until check-in time, or waking up at 4am and catching a cab there. It really is a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils, and usually I would have chosen the former given that it really isn't much of a difference between waking up at 4am and the poor quality sleep from a night at the airport, and the former saves me about SGD40 in cab fare. 

However, since I just finished the last day of my internship on 18 Jun, I was rather tired, my luggage was only half packed and I had to clear up the house before leaving, so even a few hours of sleep was previous to me. 

I arrived at Changi at about 4.50AM, and the check-in counter was almost empty, so on hindsight it really wasn't necessary to check-in online. The counter staff checked my luggage all the way to Guangzhou and issued boarding passes for both segments.

Malaysia Airlines 602
Singapore (SIN) – Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
Saturday, 19 Jul 2014
Depart: 6:40AM
Arrive: 7:40AM
Flight time: 1hr
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
Seat: 21D 

I dozed off at the transit area of Terminal 2 for about 30 minutes, spent sometime replying emails/updating Facebook and was among the last few to clear security and board the plane.

Food
Drinks were offered soon after takeoff, with a selection of water and juice, along with a small packet of salted nuts. It was a short flight of less than an hour, so there isn't much to ask for, though hot tea and juice was offered quite a few times throughout the flight.

The flight was uneventful, and we landed about 10 minutes ahead of schedule, though taxiing to the gate took up the 10 minutes. Given a layover close to 3 hours, I wouldn't have minded if we were delayed slightly anyway.
Our plane after landing in KUL

Conclusion
This is a real short-haul flight, so there really isn't much to expect, or comment on. I am satisfied that they delivered a comfortable seat as well as a smooth and on-time flight.


No comments:

Post a Comment