Friday, January 23, 2015

Review: Malaysia Airlines A330 Economy Class Kuala Lumpur to Guangzhou 2014

I took the monorail (or Aerotrain, as it was called) to the Satellite terminal A, and with about 2 hours to spare before the next segment, decided to roam around the terminal before heading to the gate.
Monorail to satellite terminal
View of KUL from the Aerotrain
Malaysia Airlines 376
Kuala Lumpur (KUL) – Guangzhou (CAN)
Saturday, 19 Jul 2014
Depart: 9:35AM
Arrive: 1:35PM
Flight time: 4hr
Aircraft: Airbus A330
Seat: 30G

There are few people at the board gate, which was hardly surprising given two consecutive tragedies to this airline, so boarding was completing in a matter of minutes and the cabin was barely half filled. In fact, I had an entire row of four seats to myself. It's almost a quasi business class in terms of the seat, though buckling up this way can be a challenge.



The seat is fairly comfortable, with adjustable headrest and a good amount of leg room. There is also on demand audio-visual entertainment (AVOD), which I did not explore on the outbound sector, preferring to catch up on sleep instead. I did remember to plug in my iPhone before I turn in though, as couldn't help appreciating the fact that Malaysia Airlines, together with Singapore Airlines and Emirates, are among the few airlines that offer USB charging points even in economy class. 


I fell sleep almost immediately after takeoff and woke up about two hours into the flight, when lunch is served. Judging from the cups on my fellow passengers' tables, I must have missed a few drinks services. The food was reasonably good, though I was half dreaming through most of it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment