Sunday, January 25, 2015

Review: Malaysia Airlines A330 Economy Class Guangzhou to Kuala Lumpur 2014

It has been a while since I started flying budget airlines (Tigerair and Jetstar in particular) that I am kinda used to midnight departures from Guangzhou. So a daytime flight was like a bonus. It was also great to have 30kg of check in luggage included, implying I could carry a lot more goodies home, courtesy of grandma and grandpa.

Arriving at the check in counter, my boarding passes were issued all the way to Singapore. I tried to change to an earlier connection to Singapore, given more than four hours of layover in Kuala Lumpur and a midnight arrival in Singapore.

Unfortunately, the lady at the check in counter informed me that there was no earlier connection operated by the Malaysia Airlines.

Malaysia Airlines 377
Guangzhou (CAN) – Kuala Lumpur (KUL) 
Saturday, 28 Jul 2014
Depart: 2:40PM
Arrive: 6:35PM
Flight time: 3hr55min
Aircraft: Airbus A330
Seat: 30G

The inbound aircraft from Kuala Lumpur arrived behind schedule and consequently boarding was delayed. Luckily I had my China SIM card with me and could register for wifi at the airport. We boarded the aircraft at 3:00PM, 20 minutes after the scheduled takeoff time. 
Upon boarding, I quickly realised that more seats had been sold on this flight and I would not have the luxury of an entire row of four seats.

Naturally, due to a delayed takeoff, landing was late by more than half an hour at 7:10PM.
I decided to approach Malaysia Airlines' transit counter and try my luck again to switch to an earlier connection to Singapore. I knew the check in staff told me there was no earlier connection operated by the Malaysia Airlines, but I also knew that SIA and Silkair also ply this route and they practically code share with Malaysia Airlines on every single flight.

Turned out that this was a decision I would later regret.


No comments:

Post a Comment