Thursday, April 2, 2015

Easter in France: Introduction

Easter break, Spring break, was one of the thing I looked forward to during this exchange.

Transport
Due to a last minute cancellation of my bus ride to Paris, I was scrambling to find alternative transport. As a matter of fact, trains are actually the most convenient way to travel between Zurich and Paris, with the TGV making the trip in about 4 hours. However, while TGV tickets can be as cheap as EUR68 for a one way trip if booked in advance or even EUR40 if booked with promotions, the asking price was upward of EUR115 as the departure date drew near.

God never disappoints the studious, I was able to snatch a return flight from Zurich to Paris on Air France for EUR143. While that was still a 50% premium of what my friends paid for their flights, I had the convenience of flying from Zurich, instead of the Basel, where most of the budget airlines fly from.

Accommodation

After the less than ideal experience in London with youth hostels, we had an unanimous agreement that we will stick to proper hotels this time round.

So my friends booked the rooms at Hotel 

No comments:

Post a Comment